Please read these Payments Terms of Service carefully as they contain important information about your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By using the Payment Services, you agree to comply with and be bound by these Payments Terms of Service.
These Payments Terms of Service contains an arbitration clause and class action waiver that applies to all Helpur Members. If your Country of Residence (as defined below) is the United States, this provision applies to all disputes with Helpur Payments. If your Country of Residence is outside of the United States, this provision applies to any action you bring against Helpur Payments in the United States. It affects how disputes with Helpur Payments are resolved. By accepting these Payments Terms of Service, you agree to be bound by this arbitration clause and class action waiver. Please read it carefully.
These Payments Terms of Service (“Payments Terms”) constitute a legally binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Helpur Payments governing the Payment Services (defined below) conducted through or in connection with the Helpur Platform.
MODIFICATION OF THESE PAYMENT TERMS:
Helpur Payments reserves the right to modify these Payments Terms at any time in accordance with this provision. If we make changes to these Payments Terms, we will post the revised Payments Terms on the Helpur Platform and update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Payments Terms. We will also provide you with notice by email of the modification at least thirty (30) days before the date they become effective.
If you disagree with the revised Payments Terms, you may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect. We will inform you about your right of refusal and your right to terminate this Agreement in the notification email. If you do not terminate your agreement before the date the revised terms become effective, your continued use of the Payment Services will constitute acceptance of the revised Payments Terms.
ELIGIBILITY, MEMBER VERIFICATION:
- (1) You must be at least 18 years old and able to enter into legally binding contracts to use the Payment Services. By using the Payment Services you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older.
- (2) If you are agreeing to these Payments Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Payments Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
- (3) Helpur Payments may make access to and use of certain areas or features of the Payment Services subject to certain conditions or requirements, such as completing a verification process or meeting specific eligibility criteria.
We may make inquiries we consider necessary to help verify or check your identity or prevent fraud. Towards this end, you authorize Helpur Payments to screen you against third party databases or other sources and request reports from service providers.
In some jurisdictions, we have a legal obligation to collect identity information to comply with anti-money laundering regulations. This may include
- (i) Asking you to provide a form of government identification (e.g., driver’s license or passport), your date of birth, your address, and other information;
- (ii) Requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your email address, Payment Methods or Payout Methods; or
- (iii) Attempting to screen your information against third-party databases. Helpur Payments reserves the right to close, suspend, or limit access to the Payment Services in the event we are unable to obtain or verify any of this information.
- (1) In order to use the Payment Services, you must have an Helpur Account in good standing. If you or Helpur closes your Helpur Account for any reason, you will no longer be able to use the Payment Services.
- (2) You may authorize a third party to use your Helpur Account in accordance with the Helpur Terms. You acknowledge and agree that anyone you authorize to use your Helpur Account may use the Payment Services on your behalf and that you will be responsible for any payments made by such person.
PAYMENT METHODS AND PAYOUT METHODS:
When you add a Payment Method or Payout Method to your Helpur Account, you will be asked to provide customary billing information such as name, billing address, and financial instrument information either to Helpur Payments or its third-party payment processor(s). You must provide accurate, current, and complete information when adding a Payment Method or Payout Method, and it is your obligation to keep your Payment Method and Payout Method up- to-date at all times.
The information required for Payout Methods will depend on the particular Payout Method and may include:
- • Your residential address, name on the account, account type, routing number, account number, email address, payout currency, and account information associated with a particular payment processor.
When you add or use a new Payment Method, Helpur Payments may verify the Payment Method by authorizing a nominal amount or by authenticating your account via a third-party payment service provider. For further verification, we may also
- (i) Authorize your Payment Method for one or two additional nominal amounts, and ask you to confirm these amounts, or
- (ii) require you to upload a billing statement. We may, and retain the right to, initiate refunds of these amounts from your Payout Method. When you add a Payment Method during checkout, we will automatically save that Payment Method to your Helpur Account so it can be used for a future transaction.
- (3) Please note that Payment Methods and Payout Methods may involve the use of third-party payment service providers. These service providers may charge you additional fees when processing payments and Payouts in connection with the Payment Services (including deducting charges from the Payout amount), and Airbnb Payments is not responsible for any such fees and disclaims all liability in this regard. Your Payment Method or Payout Method may also be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the applicable third-party payment service provider; please review these terms and conditions before using your Payment Method or Payout Method.
- (4) You authorize Helpur Payments to store your Payment Method information and charge your Payment Method as outlined in these Payments Terms. If your Payment Method’s account information changes (e.g., account number, routing number, expiration date) as a result of re-issuance or otherwise, we may acquire that information from our financial services partner or your bank and update your Payment Method on file in your Helpur Account.
- (5) You are solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your Payment Method and Payout Method information. Helpur Payments is not responsible for any loss suffered by you as a result of incorrect Payment Method or Payout Method information provided by you.